Popular Posts

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Just to vent.

The scariest thing in my life happened at the "Happiest Place on Earth".

My family and I are sitting at dinner in Disneyland and this mom started yelling a name. I thought “Ok. she lost her kid. She will find him in a minute.”. She ran through the crowd and her voice then stopped, so I assumed that she found her son. Then she came back and the most pain-filled, horrifying, blood-curdling scream broke through the mull of the crowd and she started hysterically crying while frantically looking for her son.. I stood up and asked her what her son looked like, so I could start helping her look for him. She told me and I started to go down to the crowded area. After a minute, a family found her son. She fell to her knees and started crying and her son was crying too. The family that helped reunite them hugged the crying woman and helped her calm down.. She had two other children with her. After about five minuted of calming down, she put her kids in the stroller and left.

What really shocked me was when she was screaming and crying, the majority of these people didn’t even look at her. They just created a perimeter around her and kept moving… No one but my dad, who went to alert security, and me, who was going to help her look..It was surprising to me that these women, whether they were mothers and/or daughters, and men, whether they were fathers and/or sons, were just so cold. A couple people looked at her but no one stopped. No one stepped out and said “Are you ok?” Or “What can I do?”.. No one… I don’t know.. It hurt me that no one tried to comfort or help this woman who was in so much pain and panic looking for her own child.. My faith in humanity was tainted that day.


'Til Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment